Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How fast can Java run crypto in software based approach?

How fast can Java run crypto in software based approach?

Yu

After searching through Google, I find that there are too little
benchmark done on performance of various JCE implementation.

Personally I have tried the java code in Rijndeal's official homepage
and obtained a result of around 10MB/s in a Pentium 4 machine.

Would anyone share their experience on the performance of other crypto
library? Such as RSA, 3DES, MD5 on cryptix, bouncycastle, etc...

And which library would you think is the fastest implementation
(software based)?

Thanks!
YU