Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Installing a Java App on a handheld

Installing a Java App on a handheld

Neil Benn

Hello,

I am developing an app which will be installed on a PPC
handheld. However, there seem to be a bunch of usefule development
tools (althought the market seems quite fragmented!) but I can't seem
to find a decent installation tool for a 'Click-Here' installation
program. I have used Wise in the past but that costs a fair amoutn of
cash - does anyone know of a free/low cost installer to put both the
JVM, app and associated program onto the handheld. Or does anyone
know of a web-based article to advise on this (a google search gets
drowned out by eVB and .NET CF related articles).

In case it helps, my env is PPC2003 using CrEme v3.25
(PersonalJava compliant).

Thanks, for your time.

Cheers,

Neil