Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Maven - Error retrieving artifact from external repository

Maven - Error retrieving artifact from external repository

Jerry Henderson

Could someone please help me with this?

When I try to run a project through Maven I am getting an error

Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/j2ee/jars/j2ee-2.0.jar]:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I believe I am connecting okay (going through a proxy), but out at
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven there is no directory path like
/j2ee/jars/j2ee-2.0.jar , in fact there is no j2ee.jar. Do you know
what I may be doing wrong? And what some possible solutions are?

Thanks.