Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Newbie Question: Eclipse RCP - three questions

Newbie Question: Eclipse RCP - three questions

Marcin Misiewicz

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop Eclipse RCP database based application and I've faced
following problems.

First :
I don't know where can I create and dispose the ImageRegistry ?
Class WorkbenchAdvisor doesn't seem to be right place to do this, I couldn't
find the method
like initializeImageRegistry.

Second:
Where should I keep for example the database connections or references to
the beans
shared among different parts of the application especially further plugins ?

Third:
Is there any example of the real database driven RCP application with source
code available
or at least an article describing this topic ?

Thank's in advance

--
Marcin Misiewicz

zoopy

On 18-8-2004 22:20, Marcin Misiewicz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to develop Eclipse RCP database based application and I've faced
> following problems.
>
> First :
> I don't know where can I create and dispose the ImageRegistry ?
> Class WorkbenchAdvisor doesn't seem to be right place to do this, I couldn't
> find the method
> like initializeImageRegistry.
>
> Second:
> Where should I keep for example the database connections or references to
> the beans
> shared among different parts of the application especially further plugins ?
>
> Third:
> Is there any example of the real database driven RCP application with source
> code available
> or at least an article describing this topic ?
>
> Thank's in advance

You might find more support at the newsgroups at the Eclipse news server (<news://news.eclipse.org>)
To be able to access it you'll need a password <http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html>

--
Regards,
Z.