Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Deploying eclipse plugin cleared everything in eclipse - project references in package explorer etc.

Deploying eclipse plugin cleared everything in eclipse - project references in package explorer etc.

javaguy44

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I just built the hello world eclipse plugin, and deployed it to my own
version of eclipse. When I did so, all my project references in
package explorer were gone; all my settings in window->preferences
were gone...it's as if I just did a fresh re-install of Eclipse.

Wondering if anyone else had this problem, and more importantly, is
this supposed to happen?

I'm using Eclipse 3.0

Thanks

Cid

On 18 Aug 2004 02:59:51 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (javaguy44) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
>
>I just built the hello world eclipse plugin, and deployed it to my own
>version of eclipse. When I did so, all my project references in
>package explorer were gone; all my settings in window->preferences
>were gone...it's as if I just did a fresh re-install of Eclipse.
>
>Wondering if anyone else had this problem, and more importantly, is
>this supposed to happen?
>
>I'm using Eclipse 3.0
>
>Thanks

You'll probably have better luck in the eclipse private ng's. See
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html