Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JDBC and Array Processing

JDBC and Array Processing

Ryan Gaffuri

How do I get the jdbc to use array processing when executing SQL? When
I use Oracle and Oracle's 'sqlplus' tool, I can set the arraysize
manually. This affects how many rows are retrieved from Oracle at a
time.

Oscar kind

Ryan Gaffuri <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How do I get the jdbc to use array processing when executing SQL? When
> I use Oracle and Oracle's 'sqlplus' tool, I can set the arraysize
> manually. This affects how many rows are retrieved from Oracle at a
> time.

This is called a fetch size in JDBC. See the method setFetchSize(int) in
the interface java.sql.Statement. This method determmines the maximum
number of rows fetched in one go from the database.

If you want to limit the total number of rows retrieved, use the method
setMaxRows(int) from the same interface.

--
Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/