Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Would this be cool or not?

Would this be cool or not?

06-27-2005
My little bro got and Apple 600 for his birthday and now he hates my grandparent for giving it to him. But I was wondering if it would be cool to mod the case and make it into a Micro-ATX PC or something. If anyone has any ideas Id like to hear em. Thanx.

06-28-2005
mike is making a Mod to a Applie iMac (the shitest ever mac)
a suggestion is just whack a m-ATX board in if it fits... otherwise u just have to stick with a Apple 600!!! make sure i can fit a power supply as well, a HDD and is so a CD/DVD rom measurements first ppl!
If u can take some photos of the inside... and upload them (u can send them to me). we can suggest some ideas

07-26-2005
Genaio - are you going to mod that thing? A micro-ATX board should fit in, but we can't really say until you provide some measurements and other important data. I would use an Athlon 64 micro-ATX board from MSI that has built-in video, the RS480M2-IL socket 939 board here:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...M2-IL&class=mb

07-27-2005
Sorry for the delay. Drum Crops season is like 2 months long.
I did measure it and it has the same interior dimentions as a m-ATX case from like chenbro. I does still have the original Logic Board and all of the interior mounting crap. Thats all comming out though. So i think that it would work with the above mobo. I was kinda asking for more of visual ideas, cause Im stupid and cant come up with my own moding ideas. I'll try and post some pics ASAP.

07-27-2005
That interior mounting stuff can be easily removed with a dremel, I've had to do it with my VCR Mod