Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Incompatible object argument for function call

Incompatible object argument for function call

Alex Zorin

Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
mikera/tyrant/QuestApp, method: gameOver signature: ()V) Incompatible object
argument for function call

at mikera.tyrant.QuestApplication.main(QuestApplicati on.java:30)

Why does this happen? On other computers this does not happen, but I have
exact same JDK 1.5 & libs.

.... I dont understand it...

Jim Cochrane

In article <41186287$(E-Mail Removed)>, Alex Zorin wrote:
> Error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> mikera/tyrant/QuestApp, method: gameOver signature: ()V) Incompatible object
> argument for function call
>
> at mikera.tyrant.QuestApplication.main(QuestApplicati on.java:30)
>

> Why does this happen? On other computers this does not happen, but I have
> exact same JDK 1.5 & libs.

Post the code in question, please. Most likely no one here is psychic
enough to guess without code.

--
Jim Cochrane; http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
[When responding by email, include the term non-spam in the subject line to

Andrew Thompson

<http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormessages.html#VERIFYERROR>
> ... I dont understand it...

One of the many reasons Roedy writ this document..
<http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormessages.html#INDEX>

If that fails, I suggest you follow up
on Jim's suggestion of a code example
that displays the behaviour..