Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

Digital Puer

Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
started using web services?

What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?

Thanks for any help.

Andreas Nauerz

Hey there,

try to start with the Java WebServices Developer pack:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/index.jsp

There is a whole bunch of information available on SUN's product page for
WebServices, including online chats and a forum.

Try to step through the tutorial SUN offers:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/

Both together should help you getting familiar with the world of
WebServices...

Have fun and ask back if you need further assistance

Regards,

Andreas

"Digital Puer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ceohlu$d9d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
> with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
> and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
> started using web services?
>
> What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Dave Monroe

Digital Puer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ceohlu$d9d$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
> with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
> and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
> started using web services?
>
> What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Go straight to the source.

http://www.ws-i.org