Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Jakarta POI API and OpenOffice

Jakarta POI API and OpenOffice

atransiciel

Hi all,

We have a compatibility problem between Open Office and the POI API to
manage Excel Files. We can't succeed to read with POI files those were
created initially by POI and modified after with Open Office. Our Java
application freeze when trying to execute this line:

aWorkbook = new HSSFWorkbook(new FileInputStream(aWorkBookFileName));

BUT If we modify the file with microsoft Excel and read it after with
POI , there is no problem! And if we try to create an Excel File with
Open Office and read it after with POI, it's working too...

If someone have experienced the same problem, please help me!

Thanks,

Bruno