Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Decimal separator chages from dot(.) to comma(,)

Decimal separator chages from dot(.) to comma(,)

Guru

Hi all,

I have a problem in decimal separator. I'm calling an oracle Stored
Procedure from a CallableStatement, which return a decimal value(say
12.56). When I execute the Stored Procedure from SQL Plus, I get the
decimal value in the dot separated format(12.56). But when I call the
same Stored procedure through my CallableStatement, I get the decimal
value in a comma separated format(12,56).

Most of the European nations use the comma as the decimal separator
and the Oracle server is in an European nation. But I have changed the
settings to American which use the dot as the decimal separator. But
still I am facing the same problem.

Does anybody have any solution for this?

Any solution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Guru

Michael Borgwardt

Guru wrote:
> Does anybody have any solution for this?

Retrieve the value via ResultSet.getBigDecimal(), then you can format
it whichever way you like.

xlrd+excel determine decimal separator peter Python 2 03-09-2011 04:39 PM
Decimal separator Domas Savickas Ruby 0 10-16-2006 06:21 AM
Decimal separator and Double.valueOf Mel Java 4 12-02-2004 11:02 AM
Changing the decimal separator to a comma andyj Python 1 08-31-2004 02:28 PM
Teleocom chages thwe rulse again for 256K Jetstream and Orcon. Mutlley NZ Computing 14 08-13-2004 05:08 AM

Advertisments