Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java web start with security web access

java web start with security web access

slc

I have deployed a Java Web Start Application into a web server with
restriction area.

If i use tomcat user when I start Jws application there is this error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\JNFOKRZK\admin[1].jnlp (The system cannot find the
file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at
com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescript or(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.main(Unknown Source)

Few month ago i do it using redhat 7.3, apache 1.3, mod_jk 1.x and
apache authentication. Java Web Start ask for userid and passowrd
before loading jnlp and jar.

Now I' m using Fedora, apache 2.x, mod_jk2, and with mod_jk2 apache
authentication are ignored (uri:www.mydomain.com:/*]

How it's possibile that with mod_jk 1 was possible use java web start
in apache restrected web area and with mod_jk2 or tomcat restricted
area isn't possible?

Thank for help

Slc.