Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Program for Cell Phone

Java Program for Cell Phone

Kevin Mader

I have a project where I would like to use a nice cell phone equipped
with web access and a decent camera and write a program in Java? i
think thats what most cell phones use. Make a tone with the speaker.
To take a picture with the camera. Count the number of red pixels,
then email that picture and/or count to an email address. Is this
possible/ feasable for a moderately talented C++ programmer with some
but limited experience with java?

Darryl L. Pierce

Kevin Mader wrote:

> I have a project where I would like to use a nice cell phone equipped
> with web access and a decent camera and write a program in Java? i
> think thats what most cell phones use. Make a tone with the speaker.
> To take a picture with the camera. Count the number of red pixels,
> then email that picture and/or count to an email address. Is this
> possible/ feasable for a moderately talented C++ programmer with some
> but limited experience with java?

The Mobile Media API (which is what you would need to access the camera on a
MIDP device) can give you access to the raw bytes for a picture taken. If
you can decode that information you can grab what you want as far as color
information. You can also generate sounds from that same API set.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>