Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > highlighting html - advise requested!

highlighting html - advise requested!

hi,
Im trying to create a syntax highlighting program that highlights
begin and end tags of HTML (i.e. <html>...</html>), while at the same
time highlights the piece of the HTML document that that refers to.

I have the code in a seperate space than the HTML version of the page.
So far I have the syntax highlighting working well, however I still
haven't found a way to highlight the corresponding area in the HTML
document.

If you have any advise for me I would love to hear it. THanks!!!

Roedy Green

On 25 Jul 2004 17:18:55 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (x) wrote or quoted
:

>I have the code in a seperate space than the HTML version of the page.
> So far I have the syntax highlighting working well, however I still
>haven't found a way to highlight the corresponding area in the HTML
>document.

I gather what you mean by this is you want to display with an unusual
background colour like bright yellow. You can insert html tags around
the text to be highlighted or you can insert span tags and use CSS.

Just imagine what the result would look like if the original author
had put in the highlighting. see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmlcheat.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.