Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > spool management in a file

Reply
Thread Tools

spool management in a file

 
 
popo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2004
hi,

I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
applications using a simple file.
one application would add data to the file and another application
would get the data from this file.
the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.
I saw JMS but I would prefer something more simple.
do somebody know some libs which already implements this?
thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jacob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
popo wrote:

> I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
> applications using a simple file.
> one application would add data to the file and another application
> would get the data from this file.


Did you consider using Sockets?

> the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.


It is not apparent what this requirment means.

If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
notifications whenever the file is modified.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
popo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2004
Jacob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> popo wrote:
>
> > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
> > applications using a simple file.
> > one application would add data to the file and another application
> > would get the data from this file.

>
> Did you consider using Sockets?
>
> > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

>
> It is not apparent what this requirment means.

ok sorry.
for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
processing will continue where it stopped.
something like JMS but more simple (without a server)

>
> If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
> class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
> You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
> notifications whenever the file is modified.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Liz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2004

"popo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Jacob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > popo wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
> > > applications using a simple file.
> > > one application would add data to the file and another application
> > > would get the data from this file.

> >
> > Did you consider using Sockets?
> >
> > > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

> >
> > It is not apparent what this requirment means.

> ok sorry.
> for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
> file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
> processing will continue where it stopped.
> something like JMS but more simple (without a server)
>
> >
> > If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
> > class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
> > You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
> > notifications whenever the file is modified.


How about a pipe?


 
Reply With Quote
 
popo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2004
"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<NXeNc.193191$XM6.59373@attbi_s53>...
> "popo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Jacob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > popo wrote:
> > >
> > > > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
> > > > applications using a simple file.
> > > > one application would add data to the file and another application
> > > > would get the data from this file.


> > > > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.


> > for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
> > file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
> > processing will continue where it stopped.
> > something like JMS but more simple (without a server)
> >


> How about a pipe?


yes some kind of pipe but being able to get back data when I restart
the application. I would like that if the application which reads the
data crashes, to don't lose any data and the application which writes
data to continue as if nothing happened. something like the unix
system V IPC message queues.
thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to convert color EMF spool file to grayscale or Black /white spool file? semaphore C++ 0 02-26-2009 10:42 AM
Suggest Printer Name Support feture:Grayscale,Colour and EMF Spool file su semaphore Hardware 0 02-24-2009 06:06 AM
CUPS Spool File read by perl Mr. Chow Wing Siu Perl Misc 2 06-16-2004 10:01 PM
Outputing a printer spool file to a USB printer? A. J. Moss Computer Support 7 04-13-2004 06:04 PM
Why 2 icons, the spool and the + sign in Thunderbird? area51 Firefox 1 12-13-2003 03:46 AM



Advertisments