Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > jsp: access multi people information

jsp: access multi people information

Quick Function

I am writing jsp. The first page asks user to input the number of
children he has and then goes to page 2. In page 2, the user is asked
to input name and address for each child. In page3, I want to go
through each children and do something.

In page 1, I got the number of children and send the information to
page 2.

In page 2, I have a table like this:

<form action="page3.jsp">
<c:forEach start="0" end="${param.number_of_children}" var="index">
type="text" name="a${index}"></tr>
</c:forEach>
<input type="sumbit">
</form>

In page3, I have:

<c:forEach start="0" end="${param.number_of_children}" var="index">
<cut value="${param.n${index}}"/>
<cut value="${param.a${index}}"/>
</c:forEach>

But looks like the "${param.n${index}}" does not work. How can I
access to the information about each child? Is the whole a approach a
good one or there is a better approach?

Thanks,

qq

Roedy Green

On 21 Jul 2004 20:04:57 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Quick Function)
wrote or quoted :

><input type="sumbit">

surely you mean "submit". Best to cut and paste your exact code.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Andrew Thompson

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:17:35 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2004 20:04:57 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Quick Function)
> wrote or quoted :
>
>><input type="sumbit">

> surely you mean "submit". Best to cut and paste your exact code.

Or URL..
<http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html>

--
Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:50:07 GMT, Andrew Thompson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>> surely you mean "submit". Best to cut and paste your exact code.

>Or URL..
><http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html>

I am puzzled what you meant. Were you just using that as an example
of an URL or was there some deeper significance?

--

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:31:51 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:50:07 GMT, Andrew Thompson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>
>>> surely you mean "submit". Best to cut and paste your exact code.

>>Or URL..
>><http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html>

> I am puzzled what you meant.

I am not surprised. I read the post after
it was sent and realized my message was any
but clear.

>..Were you just using that as an example
> of an URL

No.

>..or was there some deeper significance?

The OP was discussing JSP's.

I have recently been thinking/talking a lot
of free host's (to post examples of Applet's/
HTML/CSS/Servlets & JSP), and the only host I
know that will allow the OP to post an example
URL of his mis-behaving .JSP form is ..MyJavaServer.

So, I suppose not *very* deep,
but deeper than, 'huh?.

--
Andrew Thompson