Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Eclipse question regarding LOC.

Eclipse question regarding LOC.

El Durango

Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked at
the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
Any info would be appreciated.

thank you,
Durango

Liz

use "wc" on linux

"El Durango" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GVGKc.15026$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
> utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked at
> the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
> Any info would be appreciated.
>
> thank you,
> Durango

El Durango

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> use "wc" on linux
>
> "El Durango" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GVGKc.15026$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
> > utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked

at
> > the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
> > Any info would be appreciated.

I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
the IDE already had this feature.
thanks for the help anyway.

Stefan Waldmann

El Durango wrote:

> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>use "wc" on linux

This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
lines and (javadoc) comments.

>>"El Durango" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:GVGKc.15026$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>>>Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
>>>utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked at
>>>the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
>>>Any info would be appreciated.
>>>

> I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
> the IDE already had this feature.

I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").

If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.

HTH
Stefan

James

Stefan Waldmann wrote:
> El Durango wrote:
>
>> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>> use "wc" on linux

> This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
> lines and (javadoc) comments.
>

>>> "El Durango" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:GVGKc.15026$(E-Mail Removed) om...

>> I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like
>> it if
>> the IDE already had this feature.

> I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
> there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
> keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").
>
> If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
> linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.
>
> HTH
> Stefan

Eclipse Metrics Plugin can be found here:
http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/ecli...ils.jsp?id=191

It does follow some of Humprhey's Personal Software Process.