Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Any Way To Be Notified When a Web Session Will Be Timed Out

Any Way To Be Notified When a Web Session Will Be Timed Out

John Curley

Hi, All:

Just curious. In a Java Web Application, is there anyway the user can
be notified that a session is about to be timed out. For example,
could we pop up a popup window saying "You're session is set to expire
in 2 minutes, please continue working in system..."

I searched the Internet and many resources including J2EE Javadoc but
couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
John Curley

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

(E-Mail Removed) (John Curley) writes:

> Just curious. In a Java Web Application, is there anyway the user can
> be notified that a session is about to be timed out. For example,
> could we pop up a popup window saying "You're session is set to expire
> in 2 minutes, please continue working in system..."

Only by using a Javscript with a timer.

VisionSet

"John Curley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi, All:
>
> Just curious. In a Java Web Application, is there anyway the user can
> be notified that a session is about to be timed out. For example,
> could we pop up a popup window saying "You're session is set to expire
> in 2 minutes, please continue working in system..."
>
> I searched the Internet and many resources including J2EE Javadoc but
> couldn't find anything.

With an applet you can do:

use this serverside:
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener

then talk to applet with a stream over http.

--
Mike W