Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > need tomcat's web.xml and server.xml

need tomcat's web.xml and server.xml

adamR

I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
I am getting the error:
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
etc etc

I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
Tomcat running again.

Thanks in Advance

Bryce

On 14 Jul 2004 13:16:14 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (adamR) wrote:

>I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
>belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
>I am getting the error:
>org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
>SEVERE: End event threw exception
>etc etc
>
>I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
>hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
>Tomcat running again.

You know you can download Tomcat at any time from

jakarta.apache.org
??

--
now with more cowbell

adamR

Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 14 Jul 2004 13:16:14 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (adamR) wrote:
>
> >I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
> >belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
> >I am getting the error:
> >org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
> >SEVERE: End event threw exception
> >etc etc
> >
> >I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
> >hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
> >Tomcat running again.

> You know you can download Tomcat at any time from
>
> jakarta.apache.org
> ??

Brilliant! Thanks for the help.

Liz

My old officemate would say to use your backup.

"adamR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> > On 14 Jul 2004 13:16:14 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (adamR) wrote:
> >
> > >I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
> > >belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
> > >I am getting the error:
> > >org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
> > >SEVERE: End event threw exception
> > >etc etc
> > >
> > >I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
> > >hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
> > >Tomcat running again.

> > You know you can download Tomcat at any time from
> >
> > jakarta.apache.org
> > ??

> Brilliant! Thanks for the help.

Juha Laiho

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>My old officemate would say to use your backup.

Hmm.. backup wouldn't be the correct tool for this (though it'd do the work
as well). Instead, a change/configuration/version management system should
do. So, backup should be limited to recovering from unexpectable failures;
it shouldn't be used as version control/configuration history system.

The minimum safety belt would be to manually make backup copies just before
starting to edit.
--
Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland