Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > question about jar-packaged files and the classpath

question about jar-packaged files and the classpath

Jeff Gaynor

I am trying to distribute a jar-packaged file. The jar file itself is being
made fine, but when users attempt to run it with the -jar option, none of the
supporting files in their classpath seem to be found. I can't find mention
made on Sun's site about this. So here is the question:

==> When invoking files with the -jar option, is the current classpath
ignored?

If not, then why I am getting all these class not found exceptions?

Thanks

-- j

Carl Howells

Jeff Gaynor wrote:
> ==> When invoking files with the -jar option, is the current classpath
> ignored?

Any external classpath is ignored. The classpath defined by the jar
file is used instead.

Jeff Gaynor

Also just found this mentioned at

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html