Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Physics simulation framework

Physics simulation framework

Petr Aubrecht

Hello,

I'm looking for some physics simulation framework for Java beginners. My
idea is to setup the environment from Java and run some simulation.

A great idea was Time machine (I hope this is the right name) game, where
the player set various items and run it.

It would be also great to be able to program behavour of some items.

I've searched and found several applets. Nice, but there is no space for
programming.

Thanks for tips
Petr

TechBookReport

Petr Aubrecht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some physics simulation framework for Java beginners. My
> idea is to setup the environment from Java and run some simulation.
>
> A great idea was Time machine (I hope this is the right name) game, where
> the player set various items and run it.
>
> It would be also great to be able to program behavour of some items.
>
> I've searched and found several applets. Nice, but there is no space for
> programming.
>
> Thanks for tips
> Petr

There's a simulation in 'Objects First With Java'. It's foxes and
rabbits, but the framework should be extensible and there's source code
on the associated website (and CD that comes with the book).

The book is reviewed here: http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0096.html

The associated web site is:
http://www.bluej.org/objects-first/resources.html

Pan