Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Fan controllers

Fan controllers

Technoholic Technoholic is offline
Senior Member

The fan controller. What is it really recommended for?

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

I use mine for controling all the fans in my cube, low speed while writing or surfing, high speed while gaming or benchmarking a component.

stlava stlava is offline
Senior Member
stlava's Avatar

Their nice to have around for late night surfing sessions so you don't wake anyone up..

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

If you are looking for the ultimate fan controller, it is definitly the mitron fan controller.
3.5" http://www.mnpctech.com/FDrheobus.html
5.25" http://www.mnpctech.com/Mitronfancontroller.html

Technoholic Technoholic is offline
Senior Member

Hmm... I'll keep that in mind.
I could use it.. Right now, my case temp is 33C. Good?

stlava stlava is offline
Senior Member
stlava's Avatar

Ya that should be fine.. I'm at 30c now. With 5 case fans..

werty316 werty316 is offline
Member

These came in handy at school when my computer was in teh same room where I slept. I don't want to hear a 6000RPM 80mm fan screaming at me while trying to sleep

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i love the noise of fans... its puts me to sleep at night (well early morning but u get the idea)

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

I started using controlers back on the days of the 60mm 6800 RPm Delta black screamers. Those little things made it impossible to even think. But in their day, they were the best you could get combined with a Swifty MCXC370 AMD HSF..........

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

lol that sound funny... BUT AMD ROCKS!