Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [struts] nested formbeans

[struts] nested formbeans

Tobias Schierge

Hi,

i have a bean that consists of nested HashMaps which i want to edit using a
html-form.

I can fill the formfields correctly e.g.

...displays a pre-filled value when i have

{aaa={bbb={ccc=value}}}

But the value that is entered by the user is never passed back into the
bean.

Or can a nested bean not be edited like this?

I know that i can do..

...but this works only for one-level-nested beans, e.g. a DynaActionform
containing a HashMap. I need to edit multi-level-nested beans.

I already had a look at struts-nested taglib but that does not seem to help,
as far as i understand its more for convenience and simplification.

Thanks for your Help. Regards,

Tobias