Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > where can I find Word.* and Project.*?

where can I find Word.* and Project.*?

vizlab

In a Java program, there is:

import Word.*;
import Project.*;

System reports that they cannot be found.
Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?
Thanks a lot!

Roedy Green

On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (vizlab)
wrote or quoted :

> import Word.*;
> import Project.*;
>
> System reports that they cannot be found.
> Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Stefan Poehn

"Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (vizlab)
> wrote or quoted :
>
> > import Word.*;
> > import Project.*;
> >
> > System reports that they cannot be found.
> > Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

> The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
> letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

This somebody should have been able to build this software. Perhaps this
somebody has written a makefile, build script or build instructions, where
the classpath to build this software can be found. Somewhere in this
classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
Project.* can be found.

> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

vizlab

But where can I find word.* and project.*?
Thanks very much.

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (vizlab)
> wrote or quoted :
>
> > import Word.*;
> > import Project.*;
> >
> > System reports that they cannot be found.
> > Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

> The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
> letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

Joona I Palaste

vizlab <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> But where can I find word.* and project.*?
> Thanks very much.

I don't think these packages are defined by any standard. Therefore,
there may be several mutually incompatible packages from different
authors that share these names. You will have to contact the people
you got your original code from, because they're the only ones to
know what their packages are supposed to do.
Your problem is analogous to trying to find an old friend in a big city
(say, New York or London) when all you know about him is that his first
name is Roger.

"It sure is cool having money and chicks."
- Beavis and Butt-head

vizlab

But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
directory.
I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

Thanks a lot for more hints.

Best

"Stefan Poehn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cbgr30$1fvi$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (vizlab)
> > wrote or quoted :
> >
> > > import Word.*;
> > > import Project.*;
> > >
> > > System reports that they cannot be found.
> > > Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

> > The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
> > letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

> This somebody should have been able to build this software. Perhaps this
> somebody has written a makefile, build script or build instructions, where
> the classpath to build this software can be found. Somewhere in this
> classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
> Project.* can be found.
>

> > --
> > Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
> > Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
> > See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.

Wolf Martinus

hi,

vizlab wrote:
> In a Java program, there is:
>
> import Word.*;
> import Project.*;

just a wild guess:
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/

ok, a wild guess supported by a google search for:
"import word.*" java "public class"

Wolf

Andrew Thompson

On 25 Jun 2004 07:38:30 -0700, vizlab wrote:

> I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
> from Word.*

word.* and
Word.* represent _different_ packages.

Perhaps you would be better server at
another group for the moment.

Andrew Thompson

Christophe Vanfleteren

vizlab wrote:

> But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
> directory.
> I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
> from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
> I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
> It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
> If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?
>
> Thanks a lot for more hints.

Sure, if you can tell me were that left sock of mine went

Seriously, as someother posters have already pointed out, since it is not a
standard (or well-known) package, no-one here has an idea about where you
could find it. Ask the people who coded your app originally.

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

Roedy Green

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:25:52 +0200, "Stefan Poehn"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>Somewhere in this
>classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
>Project.* can be found.

hint: the original directories where the source lives will be called
Word and Project. If the class files are in a jar, the member names
will be Word/something and Project/something.

See http://mindprod.com/projects/jarcatalog.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.