Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > ClassCastException on JMS Service startup

ClassCastException on JMS Service startup

Affan

I am using Sun's JMS implementation from Dynamo app server. Whenever I
start my server with Unacked objects already in the Queue I get a
ClassCastException. This is strange because this even happens when I
haven't changed any classes, just a stop/start of the server. I
thought this was because of version differences between compiled class
versions and I added serial version Ids in all classes but didnt help.
Maybe its because of different classloaders etc.?

I am storing simple Java objects in the MessageObjects (no XML, etc.)

Here is the stackTrace:

**** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
messageQueue
into JNDI Namespace
**** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
emailQueue in
to JNDI Namespace
**** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
errorQueue in
to JNDI Namespace
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService WARN Exception
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService Message: null
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService
java.lang.ClassCastException
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
com.sun.jms.MessageImpl.deserializeMessageImpl(Mes sageImpl.java:2025)
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
com.sun.jms.service.QueueSubscription.loadUnackedM essages(QueueSubscription.java:183)
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
com.sun.jms.service.QueueImpl.loadLoggedMessages(Q ueueImpl.java:285)
**** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
com.sun.jms.service.QueueImpl.<init>(QueueImpl.jav a:103)
**** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.createD estinationFromDBRow(ServiceRecoveryManager.java:16 2)
**** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.recover Destinations(ServiceRecoveryManager.java:10
**** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.recover (ServiceRecoveryManager.java:70)
**** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.JMSServiceImpl.initializationC heck(JMSServiceImpl.java:214