Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What's a good mime library other than javax.mail?

What's a good mime library other than javax.mail?

Job Numbers

What's a good mime library other than javax.mail? To be honest, I don't
really like javax.mail since it the code that generates the strings is in
different classes than the data is in, and for me, that stinks since I
actually don't want to make a message or anything. Also, I need more access
to the data than a mime multipart can really give me and implementing
specific data handlers for my stuff was sort of a drag since I would have
hoped java would just have done that for me (like creating a byte array
handler for example). While I hacked up a solution that eventually works
for my needs, I'm just not happy with the implementation, but I couldn't
find anything else. Suggestions?

Roedy Green

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:17:54 -0400, "Job Numbers"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>What's a good mime library other than javax.mail?

JavaMail is using JAF. Perhaps you want just plain JAF.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jaf.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Job Numbers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:17:54 -0400, "Job Numbers"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>
>>What's a good mime library other than javax.mail?

> JavaMail is using JAF. Perhaps you want just plain JAF.
>
> See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jaf.html
>
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

This doesn't really help I don't think. What I need is the actual
parsing/text generation code for mime model data, not the rest of the
framework. Just something simple, easy to use and does what I tell it to do