Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What is running me?

What is running me?

Roedy Green

I am trying out a free webserver MyJavaServer.com.

It is not clear WHICH servlet womb they are using. I have got a
HelloWorldServlet working. I wondered if there is code I could add to
it to figure out what is running me.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Murray

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying out a free webserver MyJavaServer.com.
>
> It is not clear WHICH servlet womb they are using. I have got a
> HelloWorldServlet working. I wondered if there is code I could add to
> it to figure out what is running me.

ServletContext.getServerInfo() should do the trick

Ben_

Dump the System Properties and the Servlet Context ? It may contain
interesting info.

Or throw an exception and look at the stacktrace. Like
http://www.myjavaserver.com/exec/3aZ...wBMuwBVHwp0f2y.

Andrew Thompson

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:38:16 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:

> I am trying out a free webserver MyJavaServer.com.
>
> ..I have got a HelloWorldServlet working.

Did you need to donate some money
before you got that servlet working?

Somebody was saying recently that you
did not get access to .JSP servlets
without donating..

--
Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:29:35 GMT, Andrew Thompson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>Somebody was saying recently that you
>did not get access to .JSP servlets
>without donating..

No. I got it working once I discovered they were not self-compiling
and once I discovered the unlikely URL needed to fire them up.

I am documenting my findings at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Adam

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:29:35 GMT, Andrew Thompson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>
> >Somebody was saying recently that you
> >did not get access to .JSP servlets
> >without donating..

> No. I got it working once I discovered they were not self-compiling
> and once I discovered the unlikely URL needed to fire them up.
>
> I am documenting my findings at
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

When did you sign up?
Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

Adam

Andrew Thompson

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:41:53 +0200, Adam wrote:
> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...

>> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

> When did you sign up?
> Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

It seems to flicker between 'accepting' and
'not accepting' quite regularly in recent times..
best I can suggest is to keep checking regularly..

2 people that I know of, have managed to get
accounts with them recently, Roedy and another
poster here.

--
Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:41:53 +0200, "Adam"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>When did you sign up?
>Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

Just a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps putting them at the top of the
Java friendly ISP list swamped them.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
Can't get LinkSys WPC54G Version 4 running forbrich Wireless Networking 2 11-06-2004 02:25 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments