Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > <html:select> and ???en_US.null??

Arun Nair

I have a jsp page which needs a drop down select box. I am using
struts, so for the drop down I have
<htmlption value="Government"/>
<htmlption value="Public Sector"/>
<htmlption value="Private Sector"/>

in a jsp page. But when the page is executed in place of the above
values
I get ???en_US.null?? for all the 3 values in the browser.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

thanks,

Arun

Tim Slattery

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Arun Nair) wrote:

>I have a jsp page which needs a drop down select box. I am using
>struts, so for the drop down I have
> <htmlption value="Government"/>
> <htmlption value="Public Sector"/>
> <htmlption value="Private Sector"/>
>
>in a jsp page. But when the page is executed in place of the above
>values
> I get ???en_US.null?? for all the 3 values in the browser.
>
>Can you tell me how to fix this?

The "value" attribute tells the browser what string to send to the
server when the option is chosen. But you're not telling the browser
what to show the user. I think you want to say something like this:

<htmlption
value="Government">Government</htmlption>
<htmlption value="Public Sector">Public
Sector</htmlption>
<htmlption value="Private Sector">Private
Sector</htmlption>

--
Tim Slattery
(E-Mail Removed)