Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME: How to display a sprite with a transparent background?

J2ME: How to display a sprite with a transparent background?

Lasse Laegteskov

I have read that MIDP 1.0 doesn't support transparency in PNG's files unless
the mobile company have included a support for it.

So I would like to know how I can draw an image (sprite) with a backcolor of
e.g. white only showing the sprite and not the background colour.

Is there a way to control an image pixel making the transperancy turn on and
off?

Please include a little bit of code.

Thanks

Lasse