Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > suggestions to debug JSP pages

suggestions to debug JSP pages

Matt

I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to trace
the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always experienced HTTP
Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

Please advise. Thanks!!

KC Wong

> I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to
trace
> the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always

experienced HTTP
> Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?
>
> Please advise. Thanks!!

Read Tomcat server log files for the exception message and stack trace. Add
your own debug messages.

Andy Fish

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to

trace
> the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always

experienced HTTP
> Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

Run tomcat inside a java debugger. I believe most java IDEs will allow you
to debug the java class generated from a JSP in the same way as any other
java class. Certainly NetBeans claims to have this feature though I have not
used it.