Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Ant copy task

Reply
Thread Tools

Ant copy task

 
 
javaguy44
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2004
Hi everyone,

Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.

I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
of those files that were copied?

Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rob Shepherd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
javaguy44 wrote:
Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
> of those files that were copied?


Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a great help but Ant
will only copy things which need copying

eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
Modified files changed at source


It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp

HTH

Rob
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JavaJug
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
javaguy44 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.
>
> I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
> Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
> of those files that were copied?
>
> Thanks


use the "verbose" attribute of the copy task (verbose="yes")
or "ant -v buildFile.xml" to force all verbose tasks to verbose="yes"
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html
(Ant Copy task man page)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony Morris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-18-2004
> Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a
great help but Ant
> will only copy things which need copying
>
> eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
> Modified files changed at source
>
>
> It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp



Check out the "overwrite" attribute of the copy task.

--
Tony Morris
(BInfTech, Cert 3 I.T.)
Software Engineer
(2003 VTR1000F)
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform (1.4)
Sun Certified Developer for the Java 2 Platform


 
Reply With Quote
 
javaguy44
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2004
Thanks JavaJug...I looked at the doc, and just totally missed verbose.




JavaJug <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cas20t$ort$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> javaguy44 wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.
> >
> > I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
> > Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
> > of those files that were copied?
> >
> > Thanks

>
> use the "verbose" attribute of the copy task (verbose="yes")
> or "ant -v buildFile.xml" to force all verbose tasks to verbose="yes"
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html
> (Ant Copy task man page)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ant COPY task, want to copy the directory itself, not just its contents! dxd@ptc.com Java 6 01-12-2011 12:30 PM
Accessing ant task name when running a task teggy Java 0 05-29-2007 02:20 PM
Maven using ANT plugin for SCP task : Embedded error: Could not create task or type of type: scp. krabhi Java 1 08-09-2006 04:19 PM
Why ant copy task modify the ownership of the files david wolf Java 1 07-22-2006 09:12 AM
Re: Problem in ant replace task and replaceregexp task to update xml Victor Java 0 09-01-2004 03:58 AM



Advertisments