Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Writing thumbnails

Writing thumbnails

Abs

Hi!

I'd like to generate something similar to the "Thumbs.db" windows file
for my thumbnail browser app. I don't know the exact structure of this
file but I think is a little database of jpeg thumbnails, so Windows
Explorer doesn't have to rebuild thumbnails from images everytime a
folder is visited. Can anything similar to this be done in java ?

regards

Roedy Green

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:49:04 +0200, Abs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>. Can anything similar to this be done in java ?

Yes, but I can't give you the code because it is proprietary. This is
a project I am currently working on. If you want to have a look see

http://storymill.net/download/index.jsp

Just apply for a password.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Liz

There is a demo program at the SUN site that makes
thumbnails using java only. I forget the name but
you can search.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:49:04 +0200, Abs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
> quoted :
>
> >. Can anything similar to this be done in java ?

> Yes, but I can't give you the code because it is proprietary. This is
> a project I am currently working on. If you want to have a look see
>
> http://storymill.net/download/index.jsp
>
> Just apply for a password.
>
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:49:04 +0200, Abs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>Can anything similar to this be done in java ?

you use drawImage to a BufferedImage using scaling, then save the
thumbnail as a file.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/imageio.html
and http://mindprod.com/jgloss/image.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thumbnails or multiple pix in Thunderbird? Cheechat Firefox 1 05-02-2005 08:44 AM
thumbnails wac Firefox 0 06-28-2004 04:12 PM
OpenDialog and thumbnails Franco Gustavo ASP .Net 0 08-27-2003 03:28 AM
Generate a table of thumbnails on the fly without saving to disk Espen Evje ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 06:52 AM
Displaying PDF Thumbnails Kenneth Keeley ASP .Net 0 07-02-2003 11:00 PM

Advertisments