Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > PDF, PS, DOC, ...

PDF, PS, DOC, ...

Pif

Hi,

I'm looking for one or several library(ies) in Java that should allow to
edit PDF files, MS-DOC, OpenOffice, PS ...

Each library can just manage one file format. I'm trying to extract text
(without presentation information) from thoses files, like Google for
example to extract relevant keywords.

Can somebody suggest me tools ?

Thanks a lot.

Andrew Thompson

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:50:55 +0200, Pif wrote:

> I'm looking for one or several ..

...and you're looking all over I see.

Please see the answer I have already
given you, and discontinue multi-posting.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

--
Andrew Thompson

Chris

"Pif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40cafc1e$0$7704$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for one or several library(ies) in Java that should allow to
> edit PDF files, MS-DOC, OpenOffice, PS ...
>
> Each library can just manage one file format. I'm trying to extract text
> (without presentation information) from thoses files, like Google for
> example to extract relevant keywords.

Dieselpoint Search extracts text from PDF, Word, etc. and indexes it for
searching. http://dieselpoint.com