Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Image Binary search method

Image Binary search method

rooban

Hi all I have designed a Image query and retrieval system based on
colour content. How can I create an algorithm based on quicksort and
binary search method?

Thanks
Rooban

Eric Sosman

rooban wrote:
> Hi all I have designed a Image query and retrieval system based on
> colour content. How can I create an algorithm based on quicksort and
> binary search method?

An algorithm to do ... what?

If you merely have an urge to write yet another Quicksort
implementation, it's a simple matter. If you have an urge to
write a binary search, it's so simple that "an implementation"
seems almost too important a term to use -- it's like saying
you want to write "a for-loop implementation."

But if you're trying to solve some kind of problem that
involves searching a set of numerically-rated images (or any
other objects), you should first explain why the classes of
the Collection framework don't meet your needs.

What are you trying to do, and why do you insist on using
this particular set of tools?