Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [Eclipse] Another hint..required

Reply
Thread Tools

[Eclipse] Another hint..required

 
 
ShadowMan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2004
Hi all
I have three Eclipse projects :
1. core classes
2. ejb modules
3. webapp modules

Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
'core classes' project that were referenced.
Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to be
built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.

I tried Lomboz and MyEclipseIde to achieve this result, but without success!
Any hints?!

--
ShadowMan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bryce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2004
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:23:15 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi all
>I have three Eclipse projects :
>1. core classes
>2. ejb modules
>3. webapp modules
>
>Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
>When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
>'core classes' project that were referenced.
>Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to be
>built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.
>
>I tried Lomboz and MyEclipseIde to achieve this result, but without success!
>Any hints?!


MyEclipse should do this. Make sure you follow the instructions. You
don't mention what problems you encountered. If you let us know, we
can probably help you better. Plus, there is a forum for MyEclipse,
and the developers are very active with support there.

--
now with more cowbell
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ShadowMan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2004
Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:23:15 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> I have three Eclipse projects :
>> 1. core classes
>> 2. ejb modules
>> 3. webapp modules
>>
>> Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
>> When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
>> 'core classes' project that were referenced.
>> Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to

be
>> built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.
>>
>> I tried Lomboz and MyEclipseIde to achieve this result, but without

success!
>> Any hints?!

>
> MyEclipse should do this. Make sure you follow the instructions. You
> don't mention what problems you encountered. If you let us know, we
> can probably help you better. Plus, there is a forum for MyEclipse,
> and the developers are very active with support there.

I posted on Myeclipseide forum without success
I can't obtain an ejb.jar that includes only classes really used in ejb bean
class.
--
ShadowMan


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bryce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2004
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:09:54 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:23:15 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>> I have three Eclipse projects :
>>> 1. core classes
>>> 2. ejb modules
>>> 3. webapp modules
>>>
>>> Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
>>> When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
>>> 'core classes' project that were referenced.
>>> Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to

>be
>>> built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.
>>>
>>> I tried Lomboz and MyEclipseIde to achieve this result, but without

>success!
>>> Any hints?!

>>
>> MyEclipse should do this. Make sure you follow the instructions. You
>> don't mention what problems you encountered. If you let us know, we
>> can probably help you better. Plus, there is a forum for MyEclipse,
>> and the developers are very active with support there.

>
>I posted on Myeclipseide forum without success
>I can't obtain an ejb.jar that includes only classes really used in ejb bean
>class.


I just reread your statement above, and I think I understand. Can't
you just jar up your core classes and include them in the lib
directory of your ejb module?

--
now with more cowbell
 
Reply With Quote
 
ShadowMan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2004
Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:09:54 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Bryce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:23:15 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi all
>>>> I have three Eclipse projects :
>>>> 1. core classes
>>>> 2. ejb modules
>>>> 3. webapp modules
>>>>
>>>> Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
>>>> When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
>>>> 'core classes' project that were referenced.
>>>> Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to

be
>>>> built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.
>>>>
>>>> I tried Lomboz and MyEclipseIde to achieve this result, but without
>>>> success! Any hints?!
>>>
>>> MyEclipse should do this. Make sure you follow the instructions. You
>>> don't mention what problems you encountered. If you let us know, we
>>> can probably help you better. Plus, there is a forum for MyEclipse,
>>> and the developers are very active with support there.

>>
>> I posted on Myeclipseide forum without success
>> I can't obtain an ejb.jar that includes only classes really used in ejb

bean
>> class.

>
> I just reread your statement above, and I think I understand. Can't
> you just jar up your core classes and include them in the lib
> directory of your ejb module?

I tried this way but I've got a good "ClassNotFound" .... although I defined
them into MANIFEST.MF...

--
ShadowMan


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bryce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2004
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:21:27 GMT, "ShadowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>>>> Hi all
>>>>> I have three Eclipse projects :
>>>>> 1. core classes
>>>>> 2. ejb modules
>>>>> 3. webapp modules
>>>>>
>>>>> Ejb classes uses some of 'core classes' project.
>>>>> When I build a ejb.jar file I would like to include _only_ classes from
>>>>> 'core classes' project that were referenced.
>>>>> Also, when I build an EAR file from all of them, I would core classe to

>be
>>>>> built into a single coreclasses.jar and located on the root of EAR.
>>>>>

>>
>> I just reread your statement above, and I think I understand. Can't
>> you just jar up your core classes and include them in the lib
>> directory of your ejb module?>

>
>I tried this way but I've got a good "ClassNotFound" .... although I defined
>them into MANIFEST.MF...


Where are you putting the coreclasses jar?

--
now with more cowbell
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to force a load of one control from another control on another form? et ASP .Net 1 06-29-2005 07:45 PM
Renaming a project with another project as the starting point? In another solution Maziar Aflatoun ASP .Net 1 01-22-2005 12:49 AM
How to access: a page from a User control, and another User controlfrom another one? qwerty ASP .Net 3 09-30-2004 05:32 PM
Access a control inside an usercontrol from another control inside another usercontrol nail ASP .Net 0 09-15-2004 03:55 PM
How do I write HTML tags for an applet that imports classes from another jar in another package? Ding Java 1 07-01-2004 03:41 AM



Advertisments