Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java exploit

Java exploit

George

A while back I found a page that demonstrated a Java exploit where it
made multiple windows pop up and bounce all over. It was originally
used to replace your home page while you were clicking to close
windows or end task function. Does anyone have a link to a page that
gives a demonstration of this? Any other fun links in Java that are
appropriate for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

Chris Smith

George wrote:
> A while back I found a page that demonstrated a Java exploit where it
> made multiple windows pop up and bounce all over. It was originally
> used to replace your home page while you were clicking to close
> windows or end task function. Does anyone have a link to a page that
> gives a demonstration of this? Any other fun links in Java that are
> appropriate for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

Are you sure that you mean Java? You could create a bounch of windows
and make them jump around via a Java applet... but you certainly
couldn't change the home page that way. Perhaps you are thinking of
JavaScript instead... that's a pretty common mistake, given the similar
name.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Liz

Ya, javascript lets you do something when the page loads and
something else when it unloads. It also lets you move the page
around and resize it etc.

"Chris Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)4.net...
> George wrote:
> > A while back I found a page that demonstrated a Java exploit where it
> > made multiple windows pop up and bounce all over. It was originally
> > used to replace your home page while you were clicking to close
> > windows or end task function. Does anyone have a link to a page that
> > gives a demonstration of this? Any other fun links in Java that are
> > appropriate for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

> Are you sure that you mean Java? You could create a bounch of windows
> and make them jump around via a Java applet... but you certainly
> couldn't change the home page that way. Perhaps you are thinking of
> JavaScript instead... that's a pretty common mistake, given the similar
> name.
>
> --
> www.designacourse.com
> The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

> MindIQ Corporation

Mickey Segal

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Any other fun links in Java that are appropriate
> for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

If by fun links you mean games, and by classroom you mean kids, some good
links are at: http://Segal.org/kids/. If you are looking for simple
programming code examples some are at http://Segal.org/java/

Exploit.Java.Gimsh.b joevan Computer Support 5 12-10-2007 06:01 PM
BGP CPU Exploit Gary Cisco 2 07-19-2004 08:42 PM
OT: IIS SSL Web server exploit warning Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] ASP .Net 0 04-24-2004 11:41 PM
Microsoft patch for new virus/exploit somonenotknown Computer Support 1 08-17-2003 11:12 AM
Re: IOS exploit: please disclose vehicle, not mechanism jankemi(remove) Cisco 16 07-25-2003 05:16 PM

Advertisments