Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to get input from card reader

how to get input from card reader

anson

Hi everyone,

I have a project, which need me to read get an input such as staff
card NO from card reader. My terminal input is IBM POS System, but it
did not provide API for us. So I dont know how to get the input from
POS. Need your help so much!!

Thanks a lot

Malcolm Dew-Jones

anson ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
: Hi everyone,

: I have a project, which need me to read get an input such as staff
: card NO from card reader. My terminal input is IBM POS System, but it
: did not provide API for us. So I dont know how to get the input from
: POS. Need your help so much!!

And this relates to java how?

The manufacturer of the card reader can tell you. (Whether they will
or not is another matter.)

Or you plug in a break out box between the card reader and PC, and figure
it out yourself, or you might be able to run some software that monitors
the PC port (like a break out box but in software), but that's a whole
other ball game.