Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java help - servlets

Java help - servlets

Rose Girl

Hi

I am using the response.sendRedirect(url) method. url is path to
another servlet. Example:

response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL
("/EcBugManager/servlet/bugmanager.bugmanager.gui.BugsheetPage?
type="+bugsheetType+"&page="+page);

I am using the response.encodeRedirectURL to encode the url as i dont
want the parameters to be seen in the explorer - address bar.

?? But nothing happens, it just returns the same string with all the
paramteers without being encoded.

Am i using the correct way to encode the url, or is there another way
to do it.

Please, help me on this
Thanks for your time

Rose.

Enrique Madrid

"Rose Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi
>
> I am using the response.sendRedirect(url) method. url is path to
> another servlet. Example:
>
> response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL
> ("/EcBugManager/servlet/bugmanager.bugmanager.gui.BugsheetPage?
> type="+bugsheetType+"&page="+page);
>
> I am using the response.encodeRedirectURL to encode the url as i dont
> want the parameters to be seen in the explorer - address bar.
>
> ?? But nothing happens, it just returns the same string with all the
> paramteers without being encoded.
>
> Am i using the correct way to encode the url, or is there another way
> to do it.
>
> Please, help me on this
> Thanks for your time
>
> Rose.

Rose,

URL encoding is used to translate caracters in the querystring that are not
allowed (spaces and ampersand and a bunch of others).
If I remember correctly the space caracter is translated to %20.

If your concern is privacy, I'd recommend using a Session object to store
your information, and pass the Session ID on the querystring.