Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Group names ?

Group names ?

Carsten Zerbst

Hello,

I have a database with lots off object ( > 100 000) and the user is able
to make arbitrarily queries. Presenting the result of e.g. 500 objects
without some grouping is pretty useless. Are there generic solutions
which could group a given resultset in more or less equal sized chunks
with sensible names ?

Thanks, Carsten

Liz

"Carsten Zerbst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a database with lots off object ( > 100 000) and the user is able
> to make arbitrarily queries. Presenting the result of e.g. 500 objects
> without some grouping is pretty useless. Are there generic solutions
> which could group a given resultset in more or less equal sized chunks
> with sensible names ?
>
> Thanks, Carsten

What you appear to be asking for is not the same concept as "group by" in
SQL.