Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > blending 2 images

blending 2 images

JavaJug

Hello there !
I've never done complex image manipulation in Java and would need to create a
new image that is a mix between 2 other images, in which the value of each pixel
would be for instance 0.3 times the value of the same pixel in the 1st image and
0.7 times the value of the pixel in the 2nd one.
Should I use an alpha channel to do it ?
Is there a quick way to do it ? it's to add an effect in an applet (
http://www.chez.com/fuzzyghost/java/roserain/Rose.html I'd like to add a trail
on the falling flowers)

THX !

Boudewijn Dijkstra

"JavaJug" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:c9mo2n$p09$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello there !
> I've never done complex image manipulation in Java and would need to

create a
> new image that is a mix between 2 other images, in which the value of each
> pixel would be for instance 0.3 times the value of the same pixel in the

1st
> image and 0.7 times the value of the pixel in the 2nd one.
> Should I use an alpha channel to do it ?
> Is there a quick way to do it ? it's to add an effect in an applet (
> http://www.chez.com/fuzzyghost/java/roserain/Rose.html I'd like to add a
> trail on the falling flowers)

implement java.awt.image.RGBImageFilter

Thomas Weidenfeller

JavaJug wrote:
> Hello there !
> I've never done complex image manipulation in Java and would need to
> create a new image that is a mix between 2 other images, in which the
> value of each pixel would be for instance 0.3 times the value of the
> same pixel in the 1st image and 0.7 times the value of the pixel in the
> 2nd one.

Check out AlphaComposite.

/Thomas

BTW: There is a separate newsgroup for GUI questions.

Colour blending for Montages Ken Digital Photography 2 09-13-2004 11:18 AM
Question about alpha blending and low level drawing on widgets Gabriele Farina *DarkBard* Python 3 07-01-2004 04:16 AM
ALPHA-BLENDING ?? Ixon HTML 7 11-26-2003 12:35 PM
Blending Java with Tcl! Help! AJ Java 0 11-06-2003 07:20 PM
Video blending David Burgess Java 0 10-21-2003 11:48 PM

Advertisments