Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Help for to Know about Java Applications

Help for to Know about Java Applications

Raj

Hai ,

i want to do one project using java.The primary aim of that project
is to store all the documentations in a server and we should be able
to retrive it using the software.So i want to know whether any free
tool of the same category is avilable so that i can improve my work
expecting an early reply
Raj

Andrew Thompson

On 2 Jun 2004 21:48:45 -0700, Raj wrote:

> i want to do one project using java.

Why Java?

> ..The primary aim of that project
> is to store all the documentations in a server and we should be able
> to retrive it using the software.

It sounds like you could do that
in a web-page with links to the
documents.

Who has access to the server?
Is it intranet or internet?

>..So i want to know whether any free
> tool of the same category

What did you find at Google?
In what ways were your searches
ineffective?
What were your search terms?

>..is avilable so that i can improve my work

It sounds more like you wish
to *avoid* work, expense..

Did you also want someone else
to blame when 'your work' breaks?

> expecting an early reply

This is usenet. Expect to wait a couple
of days before you repost a question or
begin to feel you have been forgotten..

Even then, since this is a discussion
forum, do not expect *anything* unless
the post you have made is interesting
enough to entice others to join the thread.

[ Or, to put another slant on it,
"this is not a help-desk". ]

--
Andrew Thompson

Liz

"Raj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hai ,
>
> i want to do one project using java.The primary aim of that project
> is to store all the documentations in a server and we should be able
> to retrive it using the software.So i want to know whether any free
> tool of the same category is avilable so that i can improve my work
> expecting an early reply
> Raj

I did this sort of thing with a html page. You could always put the
links inside an applet if you really just have to have java.

Alex Hunsley

Raj wrote:
> Hai ,
>
> i want to do one project using java.The primary aim of that project
> is to store all the documentations in a server and we should be able
> to retrive it using the software.So i want to know whether any free
> tool of the same category is avilable so that i can improve my work
> expecting an early reply
> Raj

"Expecting an early reply"? Do you feel we owe you a reply? Remind me,
how much are you paying us again to do this?