Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > do i need java web services toolkit?

do i need java web services toolkit?

Rizwan

Hi all,

I am new to XML stuff and so kind of confused. I have a XML document which i
needs to parse and updates the concerned tables.

The IDE i am using is Eclipse while the server is JBoss and the JDK is
1.4.2.

Do I need to install Java WebSevices toolkit from Sun to do that? or i can
do it without it? any input will be helpful. thanks

JY

William Brogden

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:43:24 -0400, Rizwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to XML stuff and so kind of confused. I have a XML document
> which i
> needs to parse and updates the concerned tables.
>
> The IDE i am using is Eclipse while the server is JBoss and the JDK is
> 1.4.2.
>
> Do I need to install Java WebSevices toolkit from Sun to do that? or i
> can
> do it without it? any input will be helpful. thanks
>
> JY

The JDK contains all classes needed to parse an XML document and
extract values for your tables. You would only need the toolkit if
you want to work with SOAP / WSDL etc "web services"

Bill

D E

"William Brogden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:43:24 -0400, Rizwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to XML stuff and so kind of confused. I have a XML document
> > which i
> > needs to parse and updates the concerned tables.
> >
> > The IDE i am using is Eclipse while the server is JBoss and the JDK is
> > 1.4.2.
> >
> > Do I need to install Java WebSevices toolkit from Sun to do that? or i
> > can
> > do it without it? any input will be helpful. thanks

You might wanna check out Xalan and Xerces (both open source XML
parsers/viewers.)

> > JY
> >

> The JDK contains all classes needed to parse an XML document and
> extract values for your tables. You would only need the toolkit if
> you want to work with SOAP / WSDL etc "web services"
>
> Bill

News==----

Newsgroups

=---