Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Automatically starting OpenJMS

Automatically starting OpenJMS

Jean-Francois Theoret

I would like to instantiate an OpenJMS server if one doesn't exist on
the local host - I am trapping javax.naming.CommunicationException
when I am trying to get the InitialContext, and I managed to start &
initialize the server:

server = new JmsServer(config);
server.init();

However, I get all sorts of security exception
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve) [Root
exception is java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve)]

How can I circumvent this?

iksrazal

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jean-Francois Theoret) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I would like to instantiate an OpenJMS server if one doesn't exist on
> the local host - I am trapping javax.naming.CommunicationException
> when I am trying to get the InitialContext, and I managed to start &
> initialize the server:
>
> server = new JmsServer(config);
> server.init();
>
> However, I get all sorts of security exception
> javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: access denied
> (java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve) [Root
> exception is java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> (java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve)]
>
> How can I circumvent this?

There are two things here that can both be solved by the Java Service
Wrapper project.

1) Start the openjms server automatically on boot via a daemon .
2) Have openjms act like a daemon and restart if it dies unexpectedly
..

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/do...roduction.html

There is a config file for the wrapper in cvs for openjms -

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...r.conf?rev=1.2

HTH

Outsource to an American programmer living in brazil!
http://www.braziloutsource.com/
iksrazal