Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Tomcat, jar files, and more

Tomcat, jar files, and more

james

I am new to Tomcat and am trying to update some of the files. I need
to re-create the catalina.jar file, but am not quite sure how. I have
never messed with a jar this large or one without a defined entry
point. Do I have to specify one or can I just rejar the
directories???

thanks

Oscar kind

james <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am new to Tomcat and am trying to update some of the files. I need
> to re-create the catalina.jar file, but am not quite sure how. I have
> never messed with a jar this large or one without a defined entry
> point. Do I have to specify one or can I just rejar the
> directories???

I seriously doubt you need to alter catalina.jar. Personally, I wouldn't
trust myself to do such a thing, but that's just me.

If you really must, check out Tomcat's hotfixes. These hotfixes provide
newer versions of classes in (among others) catalina.jar. I've found one
here:
http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/...omcat4118.html

Note that you'll probably be able to find betters pages.

Oscar

--
Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/