Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Image Drawing Problem

Image Drawing Problem

Troy

Hello All,

I am currently working on a project, which is within an applet and
uses many of the same images to make up the GUI, but have run across
some difficulties. I have no problem displaying all these images on
the screen, but once I select a couple images in order to highlight
each one separately it then has a problem displaying images that are
the same name. As soon as I select an image with a different name
that hasn't been used yet it will then display all the images that
were selected. I was about to write a small script that would check
to see if the image had already been used and then use a new image
with the same graphic, but thought there should be a much easier way
which is why I have turn to the forum for any help or guidance.

Example of my problem:

I select areas on the board that contain these images in the following
order... 1.gif, 2.gif, 3.gif, 1.gif, 4.gif. Once I select the 1.gif
for the second time it will not show the highlighted version of that
image until I select 4.gif and then it will display 1 and 4 at the
same time.

Any suggestions or ideas on what my problem might be and how to fix it
or where I can find my answer would be greatly appreciative.

Andrew Thompson

On 28 May 2004 19:42:30 -0700, Troy wrote:

> I am currently working on a project, which is within an applet ..

URL?

> Example of my problem: ...

URL?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>