Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problem closing connection in HTTPServletResponse

Problem closing connection in HTTPServletResponse

Naresh Agarwal

Hi

I'm developing a webapp using servlets, which processes a HTTP Post
request and sent back MIME message (multipart/related - essentially
SOAP message with Attachments).

I'm constructing the MIME message manually (as I need to stream it to
the client) and writing it to OutputStream (few bytes everytime).

In the end, I close the OutputStream, but still client keeps on
waiting on the socket and it never get -1, while it reads from the
InputStream.

Thus server is not closing the socket even after closing the
OutputStream.

This problem occurs only when I set the content type header in servlet
response as multipart/related. The problem does not occur if I've to
send text/xml or multipart/mixed data.

Does anybody has any clue on it?

thanks & regards,
Naresh