Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [OT] http proxy that supports basic authentication?

[OT] http proxy that supports basic authentication?

Alex Hunsley

Can anyone point me at some free or trialable software that does http proxying
with basic proxy authentication? I don't even mind if it's not Java, although
java would be nice!

thanks
alex

Christophe Vanfleteren

Alex Hunsley wrote:

> Can anyone point me at some free or trialable software that does http
> proxying with basic proxy authentication? I don't even mind if it's not
> Java, although java would be nice!
>
> thanks
> alex

Not Java, but Squid is a nice free (opensource) proxy:

http://www.squid-cache.org/

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren