Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > WFL, work flow language

WFL, work flow language

Shane Mingins

> I can think of several possible approaches:
>
> 1. writing a platform independent scripting language in Java.

And you could name it JavaScript! Oh ... that would be funny

Shane

--
"Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?" - Homer Simpson

Andrew Thompson

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:25:10 -0500, Steven J Sobol wrote:
> Andrew Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:29:41 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:
>>
>>> Perl's syntax it too disgusting, even worse than bat language.

>> What have you got against bat language?

> Since when are batch files and shell scripts portable?

I think you need to take that comment of
mine in cotext with the one immediately
beneath it.
"Is it something about sonar in general?"

--
Andrew Thompson

Steven J Sobol

Andrew Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think you need to take that comment of
> mine in cotext with the one immediately
> beneath it.
> "Is it something about sonar in general?"

Duh.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (463 / http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Dr Brendan Gowing

Roedy Green wrote:
> Years ago, Burroughs had an Algol-like scripting language called WFL,
> Work Flow Language. You compiled it. It had proper ifs, loops etc.,
> none of this mickey mouse goto stuff you put up with in Microsoft BAT

[...]

Check out <http://www.judoscript.com/>. A powerful JVM based scripting
language.

-BG

Query:difference between node flow and filter flow in java's I/O,system? Jack Dowson Java 0 05-07-2007 03:35 PM
Work Flow Atul Sureka ASP .Net 2 01-06-2006 06:00 AM
Work Flow Tom Boles Digital Photography 3 06-19-2005 09:53 PM
Work Flow Engine glin@tollnz.co.nz Java 1 03-09-2005 03:28 PM
Work Flow methods...please post your thoughts and suggestions leonardvb Digital Photography 2 11-28-2004 09:43 PM

Advertisments