Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Debugging the Sun Plug-in for IE and passing startup parameters

Debugging the Sun Plug-in for IE and passing startup parameters

Ed

Is it possible to debug the Sun Plug-In JVM using development tools
such as Eclipse i.e. to start the JVM with the debug parameters and
then attach to it?

This leads to the second parameter, in IE how do you pass a start-up
parameter to the JVM or are you limited to the tools that come with
the plug-in (I hope not!).

cheers

Graham

Pedro

On 26-5-2004 10:58, Ed wrote:

> Is it possible to debug the Sun Plug-In JVM using development tools
> such as Eclipse i.e. to start the JVM with the debug parameters and
> then attach to it?

Yes, you can.

> This leads to the second parameter, in IE how do you pass a start-up
> parameter to the JVM or are you limited to the tools that come with
> the plug-in (I hope not!).

Add them in the Java control panel (in Java 1.5.0b2, but I think in 1.4.x it is also possible).
See my answers in the "browser/applet hanging on close-down - how to debug" thread.

> cheers
>
> Graham

Regards,
Pedro