Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > confused about Tomcat5 and support for expression language

confused about Tomcat5 and support for expression language

luca

Hallo, I read that JSP2 containers and tomcat 5 are
supposed to support the EL expression language natively.

I installed Tomcat 5.0.24 but those ${vars} are
being treated as strings, yet I know that the JSPs
worked OK under Tomcat 4 with EL support explicitly added.

am I missing something? how do i check that EL support
is enabled in the container?

thanks

Luca